Before the spectator hangs a giant cuckoo clock from the black forest. Like all fairytales, this one is told like clockwork, literally through a special clock- feerique, crazy, maybe even broken. Hijacked by a band of elves.
The clock displays all of the typical features of the clocks from this mythical region with the exception of a few noteworthy differences.
This clock has an extra hour!
In this frozen time elves can tinker with the affairs of humans in ambivalent ways.
Typically, these clocks house numerous automata and mechanical figurines that depict traditional daily routines from of the people from this region.
In one window is a cobbler's workshop which sets the scene for the tale of The Shoemaker and the Elves.
On the other side, a factory.
There is a servant girl who sweeps out of the house the ordures of the day. She sweeps and sweeps not knowing one day she will become an elf's Godmother...
A mother bird spins her wool into a nest as the story unwinds...
A rabbit outfitted with horns lurks curiously around the clock, he is hunting cuckoo birds.
This clock strikes thirteen.
The elves dance.
View tour dates
"The waltz of Hommelettes"
Directed by Patrick Sims
Loosely based on the Elves by the Brothers Grimm
Young audience frrom 6 years old
Patrick Sims : Direction, design, puppets, performance and puppets manipulation
Josephine Biereye : Masks, costumes, puppets
Richard Penny : Puppets, designer, performance and puppets manipulation
Nicolas Hubert : Designer, performance and puppets manipulation
Karine Dumont : Music
Sophie Barraud : Lights and stage manager
Patrick Sims, Richard Penny, Josephine Biereye
Creation 30 septembre 2016 at L’Agora - Commentry (France)
Production : les Antliaclastes
With the support of Ministry of culture and communication – DRAC Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes / Region Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes / Department of Allier.
Patrick Sims - The waltz of Hommelettes
Ask for the DVD of the show
• 15 September 2018 - 10h30 & 18h00 - Festival LUTKE - Ljubljana (Slovenia)
• 13 October 2018 - 17h30 - Saint Symphorien en Lay (France-42)
• 20 October 2018 - 17h00 - Maison Folie - Lille (France-59)
• 21 October 2018 - 17h00 - Maison Folie - Lille (France-59)
• 10 November 2018 - Festival Théâtre de La Licorne - Dunkerque (France-59)
• 11 November 2018 - Festival Théâtre de La Licorne - Dunkerque (France-59)
• 11 December 2018 - 20h30 - La Talaudière (France-42)
• 12 December 2018 - 15h00 - La Talaudière (France-42)
• 22 to 26 January 2019 - London International Mime Festival - Barbican Pit Theater (Londres)
• 31 January 2019 - 14h00 & 20h30 - Théâtre de Nice (France-06)
• 1er February 2019 - 14h00 & 20h30 - Théâtre de Nice (France-06)
• 7 February 2019 - 10h00 & 14h30 - Espace 600 à Grenoble (France-38)
• 8 February 2019 - 10h00 & 19h30 - Espace 600 à Grenoble (France-38)
• 10 February 2019 - 17h00 - Centre Culturel - L'horme (France-42)
• 11 February 2019 - 10h00 & 14h00 - Centre Culturel - L'horme (France-42)
• 15 March 2019 - 10h00 & 14h00 - Théâtre de Roanne (France-42)
• 16 March 2019 - 10h00 & 14h00 - Théâtre de Roanne (France-42)
• 25 to 29 March 2019 (school performances) - Coppet (Swiss)
• 3 to 7 April 2019 - TM de Genève (Swiss)
• 9 to 13 April 2019 - TM de Genève (Swiss)
• 30 April 2019 - 14h30 & 20h30 - Allonnes (France-72)
The artists I support
12 rue de l’Abbaye des Augustins
F - 24220 Saint-Cyprien
Tél +33 (0)6 11 71 57 06Tél +33 (0)6 11 71 57 06
Siret : 799 642 582 000 16 - APE : 9001Z
Performing arts license n°2–1075619 delivered on June 12, 2014
Join the mailing list
Copyright - All rights reserved
Alphabet designer : Christophe Avril
Logo designer : Dyssia Loubatière
Website translator : Hélène Hirsinger and Pierre Cornouaille
Web designer : François Tomsu / image-virtuelle.com